For exercise professionals
- Exercise professionals deserve recognition and respect from the consumer, employers and governments of their skills and knowledge.
- Exercise professionals deserve to know that regardless of where they took their qualification, it will be recognised by employers across Europe.
- Exercise professionals deserve a set career structure in which they can develop their qualifications and experiences and be rewarded and recognised for their achievements.
For operators of fitness clubs
- Improve business performance and the retention of technical skills. Benefits on member retention and business success as a proven result.
- Improve international mobility of professionals and the labour pool of high quality exercise professionals
- Provides a career structure for lifelong learning and continuous professional development improving the chances of retaining staff.
- Create a data set that can be used to project the future trajectory of the industry and individual companies.
- Industry moving quickly towards health agenda requiring higher skilled exercise professionals and a greater level of proven professional credibility.
For national associations
- When trying to build links with Governments and the medical community, the health and fitness industry is consistently asked - Where is your proof of quality assurance? EREPS answers that question and it is the role of National Fitness Associations to take the lead and provide direction.
- The European fitness industry needs to professionalise and to raise its standards by improving the skills of its workforce. Ultimately, great clubs need great staff.
- By taking measures to improve staff skill levels, it has been proven that business performance can be improved. The retention of technical skills in staff leads to the retention of members.
- EREPS is an independent resource centre for producing skills information for Governments, agencies and operators to establish the capabilities of the sector.
For training providers
- Stimulates the demand for training in the health and fitness sector across Europe.
- Provides a career structure for lifelong learning and continuous professional development which increases the demand for learning.
- Drives the demand for continuous improvement of standards and helps create a framework for the recognition of delivery of quality controlled training.